The Rule

The Rule

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Norton Juster's chapped hands

I first met Norton in the early seventies when I hired him and his partner Earl Pope of Juster Pope Associates to design a residence for one of my clients. I was just reminded of how great he was to work with as he was just on NPR discussing his latest book. I remember being at a feed store with him when Norton asked the salesman if he had anything for chapped hands. The salesman handed him some udder creme and said it should take care of it. A few weeks passed and Norton was back at the feed store. How did that creme work out, asked the salesman. Just fine, replied Norton in a straight face, but every afternoon around 5 I have this sudden urge to have my fingers pulled. That is classic Norton Juster. The house I built and he designed was featured in House Beautiful Magazine, April 1979  JD

No comments:

Post a Comment